Kelsey City, named and planned by developer Harry Kelsey, was designed to be the perfect town. In fact, the city was platted and the streets were paved in 1921 before any property was sold to the public. In 1939 the name was changed to Lake Park. Located on two square miles midway between West Palm Beach and North Palm Beach along the western shoreline of Lake Worth, this community of around 7,000 residents retains a small town appeal. Area residents enjoy the amenities of living on the Intracoastal and the municipal marina offers boaters and fishermen a true taste of Florida living. Major redevelopment projects for the entire Town are underway which include a Marina, Kelsey Park and the entire downtown area. Lake Park is fast becoming a destination of choice for year around residence.